What is altekio
altekio, iniciativas hacia la sostenibilidad, S.Coop.Mad.is a non-lucrative workers cooperative created in 2008 with the idea of offering solutions from an integral perspective to the social, ecological and economic problems of the communities and territories. We generate ideas and develop projects in the areas of environment, community development and social economy.
Tekio calls community work in which each member of the community offers what he/she has for projects that contribute to the common benefit. It is a word that comes from the indigenous communities of the region of Oaxaca, Mexico.
Going ‘al Tekio’ is the sense, the attitude and the option that unites us. The initiatives towards sustainability are our work, the common work in which each person of the cooperative contributes with their baggage and their future.
Cómo nos organizamos
Our mission is to facilitate and promote eco-social transformation processes through innovation, entrepreneurship, research and knowledge socialization, consulting and facilitation from a systemic approach at a personal, organizational and territorial level.
The essence of altekio are the people who form it in all its diversity. For this, we favor personal and professional development from collective work, putting care towards life and the environment at the center of our activity.
We do our activity according to an ethical framework that guides our being, doing and having. This agreed framework is based on the following ethical principles:
- Communication, active participation, horizontality and consensus, as a formula to make people protagonists of the processes.
- Self-management, responsibility, commitment, coherence and transparency, care and gender perspective, common good, as a way of focusing our labor and organizational relations.
- Organizational resilience, as the collective capacity to take advantage of conflicts, weaknesses and threats in opportunity.
- Transformation, construction and criticism, as tools for personal and collective development.
- Sustainability person-environment, as a way to relate to our environmen
Likewise, we apply to ourselves the 6 principles of the Solidarity Charter of the Alternative and Solidarity Economy Network (REAS): equity, work, environmental sustainability, cooperation, non-profit and commitment to the environment.
Ana Pardo Vaquero
Conchi Piñeiro García de León
Javier Fernández Ramos
Jorge Navacerrada Sánchez
Jorge Sánchez-Cruzado Ramírez
María Marín García
Raúl Rodríguez Gregorio
We call ecosistema altekio to the entire group of people and organizations with which we interact and thanks to which we exist, as well as the territories they inhabit: organizations with which we collaborate and work, networks of which we are part, people who receive trainings we offer and others close to altekio. All this cloud of people, organizations and territories are our reason for being.